Friday 27 January 2012

Some Sewing Cards..........


Have you been to the Artfull Craft webshop and seen the bag a bargain packs?????  If not you should definitely check them out.  My first 2 cards are made with Cosmo Cricket (one of my very favourite companies) Material Girl papers and my sewing machine.



aren't they cute! I also used my sewing machine on paper (arghhhhhhhhh) a personal first for me as I always feared wrecking my precious sewing machine, but now I have started, I LOVE IT! I worked out you still need to backstitch just like on fabric.

Next up is a lil' primrose card, made with a 6.5x6.5 pad.  The flowers are from my stash and the leaves were punched.  The cage and bird were cut on my cricut.



You can see I made this card before I discovered the joys of "real" sewing, although the faux stitching looks great too and is very therapeutic when we are nearing the end of the school holidays :) 

Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Great cards and GREAT stitching!!! Love all of these.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great! I love the look of stitching on cards. I need to give it a try sometime. You've made it look so easy and adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love sewing on cards..... I really like all of the images you used- love the images of the kids hand in hand....really love the bird in the cage- so soft and pretty! The faux stitching is great.

    ReplyDelete

Another Fly By

When I was playing with cloud backgrounds a couple of weeks ago, I also did this background using distress oxide in Mermaid Lagoon, I used a...