Wednesday 11 July 2012

"Stretch Your Stamps" day 2 projects



Today is day 2 of stretch your stamps with Kristina and Jennifer and I am really glad I have signed up.  Even though these are nothing like the cards I usually make I can see myself incorporating the techniques in my image cards as backgrounds, tags etc.

I haven't had time to do yesterdays cards but I have done the following cards for today's techniques...


This one is using the iron off embossing technique and colour blocking.  I used Hero Arts Misty Garden woodblock stamp and Hero Arts - Studio Calico Hey Day Sentiments for the stamping, along with Great Friend from Stampin Up.

For this card I made up a collage background with Hero Arts Misty Garden, a script stamp and the butterfly from SU's Great Friend.  I used the water embossing technique on this card although it hasn't shown up very well in the photo.

Thanks for looking :)

1 comment:

  1. Love your cards! I wish I took this class..I have been taking all of the others, but am busy with summer visits each weekend and am behind. I will sign up for this later on...I know by looking at these cards I will learn a lot. Love the colors and techniques you used on these.

    ReplyDelete

Another Fly By

When I was playing with cloud backgrounds a couple of weeks ago, I also did this background using distress oxide in Mermaid Lagoon, I used a...